Bidding Procedure & Other Terms and Conditions for the Auction of Vanity/VIP Mobile Numbers
1. The bidding shall commence at 10:00 Hrs on 21/12/09 and shall continue till 10:00 Hrs of02/01/10.
2. Only cellular (both post-paid & pre-paid) subscribers of BSNL, Gujarat Telecom Circle canparticipate in the auction. A non-BSNL cellular subscriber then can bid throughfriend’s/relative’s BSNL cellular number of Gujarat Telecom Circle. However in such casesthe liability to pay the amount, if declared highest, shall remain with the BSNL cellularsubscriber.
3. Existing Post-paid customer can also bid for change of his/her existing number.
4. Subscribers can check for their choice vanity/VIP number on Gujarat circle website(www. gujarat .bsnl.co.in).
5. It is mandatory that all serious bidders should first get registered for being eligible forbidding. For registration, intending bidder shall send SMS REGVAN
6. Rs 1.50 shall be charged for this SMS. Besides another Rs 50.00 towards registration shall bededucted from the talk-value balance (for Pre-paid bidder). For Postpaid bidder, amount ofRs 1.50 and Rs 50.00 shall be sent to billing system for adding to bidders debit.
7. After successful registration, subscriber shall be informed that “You are now successfullyregistered to bid for mobile number 94xxxxxxxx”.
8. Step 3, 4 & 5 above shall be repeated for each number for which a subscriber wants to bid.(e.g. if a subscriber wants to bid for 9429000000 & 9429000001 then he should getregistered for both these numbers separately and for both these registrations, he shall becharged Rs 1.50+Rs 50.00 separately)
9. To bid for a number, send following SMS to ‘56666’;CHOICE
10. The customer shall receive a back SMS intimating about the highest bid already received forthis number. If your bid is highest then it shall be confirmed in the back SMS.
11. During the process of bidding, as and when any bidder exceeds your bid, which wasintimated as the highest, then an intimation shall be given to you through SMS.
12. To know the highest bid already available for a choice number, following SMS is to be sentto ‘56666’;CHOICE
13. Similarly bidder can also check inclusion of number of his/her choice in vanity numberauction list through SMS. For this he shall have to send SMS “LAST
14. Bid below the minimum reserve price, shall not be accepted.
15. Each SMS, sent to 56666, shall be charged @ Rs1.50 per SMS.
16. Bid shall be acceptable in multiples of Rs. 100.00 only. For example, if the current bid for achoice number is Rs 1500.00, then the next bid can be any amount above Rs 1500.00 inmultiple of 100 i.e. Rs 1600.00, Rs 1700.00 etc.
17. During bid, a bidder can increase previous bid by maximum of Rs. 10000.00. Moreover, anexisting highest bidder cannot exceed his/her own bid by any amount unless somebody elseexceeds his/her bid amount. First initial bid for any number cannot be accepted beyond Rs.25,000.
18. At the end of auction, top three (H-1, H-2 & H-3) bidders shall be informed by BSNL abouttheir status and request them to provide Name, Address, Contact details and details of the IDof the actual bidder i.e. the person to whom vanity will be allotted (to ensure that number isallotted to the correct customer only which may be holder of the BSNL mobile throughwhich the bid was made or the friend/relative of the holder of the BSNL mobile throughwhich the bid was made). These details shall be used to allot the vanity nos. to the selectedbidder. Therefore, it is very necessary that bidders are always available on the mobile phone.
19. In case the highest bidder(s), when contacted to deposit the bid amount refuses, his/herBSNL Mobile number shall be debarred forom next round of auction (only one auction).However if the same subscriber has been offered multiple Vanity/VIP numbers and he/sheultimately purchases at least three numbers, then his/her number shall not be debarred.
20. If the highest (H-1) bidder fails to deposit the bid amount with BSNL (of concerned city(SSA)) within 5 working days of intimation, then the number shall be offered to secondhighest (H-2) bidder at his/her second highest bid price.
21. If the second highest (H-2) bidder also fails to deposit the bid amount with AO (Mobile) ofconcerned SSA within 5 working days of intimation, then the number shall be offered to thirdhighest (H-3) bidder at his/her third highest bid price.
22. Bid amount is exclusive of all taxes.
23. Selected bidder can have his/her choice number under any existing cellular plan, Post-paid orPre-paid, of BSNL. However the normal SIM/Activation Charges, Security (in case of Postpaidplan) etc shall be charged extra on actual basis.
24. No extra charges are payable in case of the selected number is to be changed for a post-paidconnection.
25. Amount paid for the vanity/VIP number is non-refundable and it is also clarified that theentire bid amount shall have to be paid in single instalment before obtaining the vanity/VIPnumber.
26. Registration fee of Rs. 50/- will be adjusted in respect of successful bidder at the time ofdepositing the bid amount.
27. A bidder can also withdraw or cancel his/her bid during the bidding period by making arequest to Call Center at 9400024365 and not by sending SMS. However registration fee ofRs. 50/- will not be refunded to the bidder.
28. BSNL Gujarat Circle reserves the right to cancel allocation of any vanity/VIP number at anytime without assigning any reason.
29. In case of any dispute BIDDING server time will be treated as final; it may differ from SMSserver.
For list of vanity No. please click here
For more visit :- http://gujarat.bsnl.co.in/pdf/Bidding%20Procedure.pdf